Age Requirements & Acceptable Identification
In order to get pierced at our shop, you must meet our age requirements and have the proper identification as outlined below.
To be pierced or have jewelry inserted, you must be at least 18 years old. Valid ID is required. We accept the following:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Passport
- Military ID
- Foreign Government ID (with photo)
- State Issued ID
If you are under 18 years old, you will need to have a parent or legal guardian present, and provide the following information…
Minors must have a parent or legal guardian to be pierced/have jewelry changed/have piercings stretched. You must also provide proof of relationship. The following are acceptable ID:
- Any of the forms of acceptable identification listed above from both parent and minor on which either last names or addresses match.
- A school issued photo ID or yearbook picture AND a birth certificate is acceptable identification for minors younger than 17.
- If the parent has a different last name and address than the minor then legal documentation (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce papers, adoption papers, etc.) must be provided to verify the relationship.
- If the legal guardian is not the parent, the adoption papers must be provided to verify the guardian’s legal right to sign for the minor.
- If you are coming in with your baby for earlobe piercings, we only require the birth certificate for the baby and the parent’s ID. Not all piercers will pierce babies, so if you plan on bringing in your own for ear piercings, please call ahead.
PIERCING RESTRICTIONS FOR MINORS
- Infant – 12 : We will only pierce the earlobe. Nothing else.
- 13+ : We will pierce most common piercings (navel, lip, cartilage, nose, etc).
- 16+ : In addition to the above, we will also pierce a tongue.
We do NOT perform surface piercings or surface anchors on anyone under the age of 18. No exceptions! We do NOT under any circumstances perform genital or nipple piercings on any minor! NO EXCEPTIONS!